Back to MetryChick.com

Gave you seen some of the new items on MetryChick.com?

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick Mom? What's that???

What is it like being a sick mom?  Well, it's a lot like being a well mom, just a little more in slow motion, a little more sleep deprived and a little grouchy!  This week I am under the weather with bronchitis and an ear infection.  Double ow!  Last Spring I got sick like this and was in bed for about 4 days straight and waiting too long to go to the doctor and came down with pneumonia.  So, this year I am trying to avoid that, but being sick and a mom is never easy.  Did you know that there is actually a Facebook Group called "Being Sick as a Mother Should be Illegal"?  Yep.  Their mission statement, As if we don't have enough to deal with. When the kids are sick, who takes care of them? Mom. When Dad is sick, who takes care of him? Mom. They just get to laze around until they get better, being waited on hand and foot by the lady of the house - as it should be. I'm not complaining about that. But when Mom is sick, things still have to get done - laundry must be washed, food must be cooked, floors must be swept, children must be kept from dying, etc. Being a sick mom is a miserable existence. When mommy is sick, everyone suffers. Therefore, I vote that it should be illegal or outlawed or against nature or whatever it takes for it to not happen anymore. Who's with me?!

I have to agree.  Being sick does suck.  I still have to take care of everything although Sarge does help.  I guess I am just feeling whiny and overwhelmed by my evening.  I have to get 3 girls ready for dance team pics today and as my bonus kid's dad said, "that is more of a mommy thing than a daddy thing" and I agree.  That is part of my job.  I will get them ready, nag Sarge into dropping them off and staying to make sure they look good, and then collapse on the couch.

Is it wrong that even at 35 the first person I want is my mom?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment