Back to MetryChick.com

Gave you seen some of the new items on MetryChick.com?

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Need a Mulligan...

Mardi Gras is officially over and I know that I need a Mulligan!  I soo need a system reboot - a do-over to purge my body of the craziness that was Mardi Gras  and my drug of choice - SUGAR!  I have been on a sugar kind of binge for a while now and am feeling it in my waistline and my energy level! 





I have tried every SINGLE diet there is out there.  At last count I did about 18 different diets.  Obviously, they DON'T work!!!  The only thing that has worked for me in the past was to eat well - eat WHOLE Natural foods and to work out.  I KNOW!  GENIUS!  Who would have thunk it??? 


So,  now I need to make a commitment to myself!  This weekend I competed in the Warrior Dash!  If you don't know what it is Warrior Dash is the HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE.  It is a 5k with 13 obstacles sprinkled throughout in MUD and slime and it is TOUGH!  Of course, it might have been a little easier if I had trained for it, but NOOO, that would have made sense.  I was not ready at all.  However, I finished!  That's why I am crying in this picture. I didn't think I would have done it.  I wanted to quit sooo many times but I kept chanting, "Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming!"  I don't want this accomplishment to be a footnote to my life.  "Also completed the Warrior Dash - ONCE"  Hell no.   I knew as long as I kept putting one foot in front of the other I would be okay.  I would make the right choices.  I have to apply that to myself.  Just keep making right choices - one step at a time.  As long as I make right choice after right choice I'll get to where I want to be.  If I make a wrong choice it is not a stop, but a break, like the ones that I would take to catch my breath on Saturday - take a deep breath and make the next choice a better one. 

I have a perfectionist personality.  It is soo all or nothing with me.  If I can't do it perfectly then I don't want to do it at all.  Are you familiar with this mentality?  I just thought it was me until I heard about Flylady.  She helped me admit it! 

Everything I have read around here has said that just like in recovery you need to announce your intentions.  I also think that I need to put it out into the universe, so here goes.  I am committing to ME.  For the first time in a LONG time I need to really focus on me, not doing this for anyone else.  I just need to put myself first for a few and concentrate on me.  I am not getting any younger and it's my turn, dammit!   So, I am going to get healthy for me.  As a wife and mom, do you have ANY idea how hard that is?  There is always something that makes you think that you need to do for everyone else. 

I'm going to make that list and check it twice!  I am registered for the Crescent City Classic in 39 days.  So, there is a lot of work to do to get me ready for that one!  I will be ready!  I want to be down at least 20 pounds by then.  Then - there is our vacation to the mountains in June.  I want to be able to hike with my family. 

It's ON! 

1 comment:

  1. You know how I am. I always put others before me. I need to put me first too. My issue is eating healthy seems so much more expensive. Please let me know if you find any budget friendly healthy eating tips. I may join you soon for Zumba.

    ReplyDelete